Born in Hong Kong, he holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and a Master of Science degree in Structural Engineering from Stanford.
Victor Li was kidnapped in 1996 by notorious gangster "Big Spender" Cheung Chi Keung, and released after a reported ransom of HK$1 billion was paid.
Li currently holds the following positions:
* Deputy Chairman and Managing Director of
* Chairman of Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited
* Chairman of CK Life Sciences Int'l., Inc.
* Deputy Chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited
* Executive Director of Hongkong Electric Holdings Limited
* Co-Chairman of Husky Energy Inc.
* Director of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Victor Li serves as a member of the Standing Committee of the 10th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference of the People's Republic of China. He is also a member of the Executive Committtee of the Commission on Strategic Development of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Li immigrated to Canada and spent time with investment bank , a company later acquired by CIBC . He is the Co-Chairman of Canadian-based Husky Energy.